Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Mirena Coil - anxiety and depression

(1 Post)
moggy123 Sun 17-Apr-16 15:02:31

Hi everyone, I had the coil fitted on friday but have just spent all morning in A&E waiting to have it removed. I suffer with anxiety and depression normally and i take citalipram to manage it. I have felt terrible the past 2 days. Panic attacks, high blood pressure, very low and upset. I put it down to the coil. Every doctor i saw tried to convince me the coil could not cause this but many women online it seems believe otherwise, including me. I had to literally beg the doc in A&E to pull the dam thing out. Relieved it is gone now and wish i had never tried it. I have low iron levels due to periods so many docs thought it would be good for me to try the coil. I will be going back and asking them to suggest something else! Has anyone else had side effects like mine? just curious. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now