Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Fertile period CM

(6 Posts)
USERNAME213 Mon 04-Apr-16 18:34:40

My CM during my fertile period was seriously low, in fact on days 2-3 it was practically dry. I know it's meant to support the sperm do its job but is it a sign of being less fertile (ie that I'm not as likely to conceive) or just that there's a little less there? Kind of freaking out a bit. I've been drinking more water and not washing at all down there in order to increase it - which didn't work.

scaevola Mon 04-Apr-16 18:46:56

You've posted in the contraception topic.

To use natural family planning effectively, you really need to combine temperature and symptoms, and have a nod towards counting on the calendar. It's probably best to chart your cycle for several months before relying on your calculations.

You can't rely on occasional scanty mucus in is lactation. You really do have to combine with other ways of tracking your cycle. If your cycle is changeable and irregular, then NFP is probably not going to be a good method for you.

USERNAME213 Mon 04-Apr-16 21:08:17

Thanks I'll ask to change the thread topic , that was an accident. My periods are pretty much on the mark regular - it's just the CM that worries me. Thanks!

butteredmuffin Thu 07-Apr-16 00:12:16

Where is the contraception topic? I can't find it anywhere.

scaevola Thu 07-Apr-16 10:18:06

buttered muffin this is the contraception topic!

Family Planning as in FPA as in contraception.

Conception is 'conception'

Termination of pregnancy is 'pregnancy choices'

butteredmuffin Thu 07-Apr-16 10:48:33

scaevola - I understood your first post to mean there are separate topics for contraception and family planning. Never mind! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now