Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

mirena - is it giving me the rage?

(4 Posts)
stillnotjustamummy Sun 31-Jan-16 02:57:20

8 days into my first mirena and I've noticed being extremely emotional in the last 48hours. Crying about things being untidy and losing things, rage at DH for napping and generally not thinking beyond his own needs. Is it the coil? Is it me? I had issues with the mini pill and wondered if the hormones are kicking in. Will it fade?

differentnameforthis Sun 31-Jan-16 03:16:59

I had the mirena, I lasted a few weeks with it, and that was only because my dr refused to remove it! I had to pay a sexual health clinic to do it!!!

Mine didn't fade, and in fact I developed anxiety where I had never had it before, I was covered in spots on my face ALL THE TIME, whereas before I only had a few during my period, I gained a lot of weight, had trouble sleeping, my appetite was insatiable. I flew between rage & tears.

not to mention that infection that I got that needed 3 different antibiotics to clear it.

Yes, it will be responsible. And I am bloody surprised that your dr let you have it considering you have issues with a the mini pill, as I have been told by several sources that if you have issues with the mini pill, you will have issues with the mirena too!

differentnameforthis Sun 31-Jan-16 03:17:49

Be prepared to fight to have it removed though. They don't like taking them out early!

Greengrass1982 Thu 11-Feb-16 13:20:47

I had terrible emotional problems one the mirena. If GP won't remove it contact family planning clinic

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now