Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Getting an iud fitted

(3 Posts)
FaithLoveandHope Tue 26-Jan-16 12:29:53

Hi all, after years of struggling with hormonal contraception I've finally decided to try a copper coil. I've made an appointment at my GP and the receptionist mentioned needing a consultation first and it being a double appointment. I'm a little confused, does that mean she'll put the coil in there and then or the double appointment is simply to discuss things and then it'll be fitted at a later date? I just want to be sure as if she is fitting it I'd rather someone come with and I'll take painkillers beforehand.

Emmanewme2015 Wed 10-Feb-16 19:07:10

Got mine fitted today through family planning who are my GPS I had to go for a consult then back today for the actual fitting. I'm assuming they'll give you the consult then fit The same day if she's saying it's a double appointment?

FaithLoveandHope Wed 10-Feb-16 21:03:01

Hi Emma, thanks for your message. In the end I got it fitted at family planning clinic due to a mix up of appointment dates. They fitted it there and then. GP on the other hand would've been a double consultation and then book another appointment to get it fitted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now