Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

No period on mirena coil for a year and now irregular spotting and breast tenderness

(2 Posts)
Phoebejade1991 Mon 18-Jan-16 23:25:27

I was wondering if anyone could help,
I had my Mirena coil fitted in January last year, I had bleeding for a few weeks after then nothing until December when my breasts ballooned and became very tender. I had bad cramps and spotting, I have spotted 3 times in the last month with bad cramps and even been sick. I'm really worried and I know irregular periods are a side effect but it's unnerving me. Please does anyone have any similar experiences using the mirena.
Also I can't feel my strings but never have, it has been checked once at the doctors a month after I had it fitted.
Thanks

loraflora Thu 21-Jan-16 16:30:50

I've had the occasional period and bout of spotting over the time I've had it. I did get a longer period of spotting around the time when my strings went missing and but it calmed down again after 3 or 4 weeks. I recall I had period style cramping initially too, just for a day or so. No sickness though. It sounds like you should visit your doctor to see if they can find the strings? They are supposed to get checked about once a year anyway.

If they can't find the strings they should send you for a scan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now