Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

New to pill (Cilest), 14 days continuous bleeding with no end in sight...

(2 Posts)
huggybare Wed 08-Jul-15 00:27:24

I started Cilest on the first day of my period and for like 5 days thought I'd gotten off 'lightly' with what are usually nightmarish periods.

After that it got progressively heavier and is now a fairly heavy and constant flow of fresh blood and cramps. I called the doctor and she said I should 'grin and bear it' as it's normal with new pills, and I understand that but it's a bit worrying. Have any of you guys experienced this? Does it stop?

I'm going camping next week and the plan was to run two packs together (the 7-day break falls EXACTLY on the trip) but at this rate I think that could actually make the situation worse!

Please help my blood-deprived brain :-(

BadcatBertram Wed 08-Jul-15 00:35:22

I'm having the exact same problem with cileste. I started my pill on 20th June, the first day of my period, and I haven't stopped bleeding since ..... Mine too is getting heavier with a few clots etc (sorry) and cramping..... It's becoming a real pain and I just hope it stops after my next 'real' period when I start taking the next pack of pills.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now