Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Starting the combined pill and weird bleeding

(2 Posts)
Tasmummy08 Fri 26-Jun-15 13:45:22

So, I started the combined pill on the first day of my period, 7 days ago. The first few days were relatively normal then the last 4 days my period is still going but keeps stop starting. Like I'll literally have nothing for hours and hours then all of a sudden it will start full flow again. Every times I think it's gone it comes back. Anyone experienced similar? How long does it last? My normal period ends on day 5. Also, I breastfed for 2.5 years and although I had 4 periods before stopping this is my first since weaning. Ironically I went on the pill (Brevinor) to regulate and lighten my periods!

EmmaAndersonCPPE Sat 27-Jun-15 17:46:17

Hi

No personal experience but In the product license it states that:

Spotting or bleeding may occur during the first few cycles. Usually menstrual bleeding becomes light and occasionally there may be no bleeding during the tablet-free days.

www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/1899

So hopefully it will improve, hope that this helps

Emma

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now