Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Gone up two bra sizes- could it be the implant?

(10 Posts)
Bexicle22 Thu 14-May-15 19:22:47

I had the implant fitted just over a month ago. I am usually a 32B (much to my dismay) but I noticed I was spilling out of my bras and was finding they were very tight and after taking them off, my boobs would hurt. I went and bought a bra in a 32C instead to see if that was better but I still had a weird looking cleavage and tightness. Eventually I tied a 32D and have found the cup size is a lot more comfortable and covers me properly with no spillage, although the back is a little tight so may have to try a 34D.

Anyway, I know the implant can make your boobs tender etc but can it cause them to grow? It's weird because to me it doesn't feel or look like they've grown, they don't look like what I imagine a D cup pair of boobs would look like as in they're not humongous. But evidently they must have grown if I can't seem to fit into a B or a C anymore.

I've gained a bit of weight around my hips and tummy whereas since recently I was a size 6 and now have trouble getting into an 8 (I'm aware this still isn't a bad thing!) but I know the implant can cause weight gain.

PotteringAlong Thu 14-May-15 19:25:07

So can pregnancy! Have you done a test?

Bexicle22 Thu 14-May-15 19:41:31

I'm definitely not pregnant sad

FastWindow Thu 14-May-15 19:47:44

Your thread title tickled me (I knew what you really meant) but it reads a bit like : ' I'm cold, could it be because I have no clothes on?'

Oohhh... Not that type of implant... <snacks head in understanding >

grin

Sorry about the total lack of advice. Im about a 38A after all the Bf.

FastWindow Thu 14-May-15 19:48:16

I have not eaten my own head. No.

Bexicle22 Thu 14-May-15 20:07:39

Lol fastwindow nooo I haven't had BOOBY implants! If only. I have his image of a D cup pair being huge and unmanageable but mine are just a little more than a (literal) handful. I'm kind of disappointed haha

FastWindow Thu 14-May-15 20:10:10

Haha, you made my evening. I shall smile every time I think of the thread title. Now I'm off to deal with the little causes of my little boobs. Ttfn smile

Starbelle Sun 09-Aug-15 10:18:37

OP, weird question, but how old are you? My books went from a 32A to a 32D in six month between the ages of 22 and 23 but that wasn't due to any hormonal contraception. They then grew up to a DD when I was on the mini pill a couple of years later... So I guess yours is probably hormonal either way but whether it's due to the contraceptive I'm not sure.

Star.

Starbelle Sun 09-Aug-15 10:20:26

Ps: giggles grin

DragonsToSlayAndWineToDrink Wed 26-Aug-15 13:09:48

If you're wearing a 34 back at size 8 I reckon you need a bra intervention- Id go on style and beauty and shout for Sorrell Forbes or another expert!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now