Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is there any other 12hr pills?

(6 Posts)

I'm on Cerasette and I want off of it!

It was great for a year but now I'm bleeding more than I'm not and have been for 6 months, originally they put it up to 2 pills per day which solved it for a month but now I'm back to heavy bleeding 24/7 and the past few days, bad pelvic and lower abdo pain.

The reason I'm on it is because I like the fact that I have a 12 he window to take it, I won't remember it at the same time every day.

I can't have the combined pill due to a history of blood clots.
I fell pregnant on the merina coil.
I got really quite unwell from the depo injection.
I don't want to use condoms.

Is there another 12 hour window type pill or anything else I could try (bar sterilisation)

meditrina Wed 28-May-14 13:45:41

I don't think there is another - all the other POPs have a shorter window.

Have you had a recent gynae once-over to see if there is any underlying cause for the increased bleeding (eg fibroids, endometriosis)?

I'm going to see the women's health nurse on Monday for a review. I've suffered with endo in the past, it got really bad at one point, I ended up in hospital on Oramorph!

When I fell pregnant with DC3 it calmed right down and the Cerazette seemed to keep it at bay, I didn't think it could be coming back! sad <terrified>

the only other 12 hour mini pills have the same active ingredient as cerazette. There are other mini pills with 3 hour windows that you could try.

I might see if I can try one of those then.

I knew Cerazette was working to well to be true!

Nocomet Wed 28-May-14 14:18:31

Just take it when you clean your teeth, morning or evening, which ever suits. Then you don't forget.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now