Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Iud "sucked out" by effing mooncup.

(5 Posts)
TheRealAmandaClarke Sun 25-May-14 21:45:36

H this ever happened to anyone else? I go away in two days. I'm extmely unhappy about having to have another iud fitted because frankly, even after having had a vagina, delivery, it was extremely uncomfortable.
So I'm pissed off.
Am I alone? Is this a "thing" with the mooncup?

trumpfamily Mon 26-May-14 19:14:26

I've just had to google as I didn't know that a mooncup was? When I had my IUD fitted I took paracetamol before the procedure and didn't get any stomach cramps. Hope this helps.

thecapitalsunited Mon 26-May-14 19:17:03

I have heard of this happening so I'm always careful to break the seal before removing rather than just pulling out. The doctor that fitted it seemed to think that it wouldn't come out unless it was going to anyway though.

TheRealAmandaClarke Mon 26-May-14 19:21:39

Yes, I suppose it might ave already been "migrating", but I'd only just started to use the mooncup, which makes me suspicious,.
Not looking forward to the hours wasted in FPC and the procedure itself.
But. Will take something, thanks.

Humph.

thecapitalsunited Mon 26-May-14 21:11:00

I'd already been using my mooncup for a while before I got my coil. Had it now for 4 years with no issues but they did have a difficult time getting it up there so perhaps my cervix is not keen to open enough to let it out!

Hope your fitting goes better if you get another one put it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now