Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Caya, Any Good?

(6 Posts)
FrancesNiadova Thu 22-May-14 15:08:52

Has anyone used the Day a diaphragm? It's supposed to be a 1 size fits all. The idea of going to my Dr for a traditional diaphragm is too embarrassing, we don't have a family planning clinic nearby & I can't have any form of hormonal contraceptive.
I saw this Caya thing & want to ask if anyone has tried it & does it work?

FrancesNiadova Thu 22-May-14 15:09:19

Caya, not day a!

meditrina Thu 22-May-14 16:45:21

i'd never heard of it and had a quick google. It says it fits 'most' women. and that's enough to make me wary. How would you know if it fitted, an that your insertion technique was right? For if either of those is off, I should imagine the fail rate is pretty high.

But a diaphragm that fits and you get on with is not bad - with typical use, it's slightly lower fail rate than typical condom use (though both those higher than hormonal methods or coils).

Melons79 Tue 27-May-14 20:35:33

I have one of these but found it uncomfortable to be honest and have only used it twice and then decided to use the mini pill. I had a diaphragm years ago before DCs and found it really good. Unfortunately I think things have 'dropped' a tad so the Caya isn't for me.

FrancesNiadova Tue 03-Jun-14 17:01:18

I've had 2 v. births, so I did wonder if the Caya or diaphragm would be ok. I can't have hormonal contraceptive at all, having had BC 18 months ago.

It's strange, there's so much information given about the mx options & treatments, but nothing about family planning blush

BertieBotts Tue 03-Jun-14 17:07:20

I think with a diaphragm it's best to have it fitted. You only have to go once, you could ask to see a different doctor? One who usually does your smear perhaps? I read that not many doctors are trained in fitting diaphragms any more so you might have to look for a different one anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now