Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Re-started Cerazette after giving birth but am I ovulating?

(5 Posts)
redambergreen90 Thu 08-May-14 21:31:36

I gave birth to my first baby five weeks ago. I re-started Cerazette 22 days after giving birth (the leaflet says if you start between 21-28 days after giving birth you are instantly protected). To be on the safe side I waited until day 8 of pill taking before me and DP dtd and then we dtd again last night (day 12 of pill taking).
Today I have had a clear jelly like discharge which I know can mean that I am ovulating. Could it be that Cerazette isn't working properly and I am still ovulating and if so does that mean I could be seeing baby number two on the way a lot earlier than planned? Starting to get anxious now!

Minime85 Fri 09-May-14 07:15:45

sorry I don't really know the answer but it sounds a bit like it. could it be from after DTD if u know what I mean though?

Lorelei353 Fri 09-May-14 08:02:41

I often got discharge like that after dtd - even when I was on Cerazette. Never got pregnant! (But did quite quickly after coming off it).

mrsmopps Thu 15-May-14 21:15:55

cerazette thickens cervical mucus so it may be that

cerazette thickens the mucus to help prevent sperm from getting to the womb. It could also be a mix of mucus and sperm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now