Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Help!!! Stopped cerazette, ACNE!!!

(10 Posts)
Katief1986 Wed 09-Apr-14 02:41:35

Hi all,

Just after shared experiences really googled to within an inch of my life and found nothing helpful! I've been off cerazette for about 5 weeks now and the reason I come off it was that my skin was awful, I'm only petite but felt horrifically fat, I'd never felt so vile and I never usually feel that way.

Anyway my skin seems to be spiralling out of control now, I'm really at the end of my tether it seems every day I wake up and I have new spots. I feel revolting and it's just getting worse and worse. I'm 27 years old and I've never ever had bad skin, in fact if often be complimented about how clear it was so I'm struggling a lot! I know it's vain but it really is bothering me sad

Anyone else's experiences would be amazing as to when it may calm down!!

Thanks,

Katie xxx

Raskova Tue 15-Apr-14 06:39:09

Hmmm this is similar to what I just posted. Mine only started after changing from cerazette to nacrez though, I think!

No advice but watching with interest. You're not alone, if that helps hmm

ruskonmyleggings Sat 26-Apr-14 19:43:29

I've just stopped cerazette because it gave me horrendous skin. It has calmed down now, still get the odd spot but on cerazette I had a lot on my face. I would give it a few more weeks to get out of your system. I was only on it 5 months. Stopped about 3 weeks ago. I found that pill horrible it made me so moody.

Raskova Sat 26-Apr-14 21:10:30

What are you using now rusk?

ruskonmyleggings Mon 28-Apr-14 23:18:05

condoms! I just really want my period back as not had one since before pregnancy and I want to make sure everything is working correctly. I'll probably wish I never said that.

Raskova Tue 29-Apr-14 06:06:39

I'll give it 28 days before you're pushing those words back into your mouth wink

MeerkatTargaryen Mon 05-May-14 10:03:41

I spotted taking it 5 weeks ago too. I didn't have acne but had backne lol. it was awful. seems to have died down now. however no sign of af yet hmm.

nannynoss Sun 18-May-14 11:44:24

I had this with Cerazette too. When I went to see the doctor, he said 'yes acne is a side effect, which I see you have experienced' yes thank you for that doc!
He prescribed me Adapalene cream but that only really helped to dry out the spots that came up. It didn't prevent them iyswim...
I came off it in October time last year purely because of skin, and I still have the odd spot coming up on my chin or chest. But it is a LOT calmer than it was.
It may take a while though for it to go, sorry sad

Raskova Sun 18-May-14 12:21:01

What did you change to? If you don't mind me asking

nannynoss Sun 18-May-14 12:25:16

raskova are you asking me? I'm on yasmin now. I was on it before Cerazette too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now