Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Did anyone else get pregnant after taking levonelle?

(6 Posts)
Mumof3boysunder4 Tue 25-Mar-14 23:17:02

Hi ladies,

I just wondered if anyone else got pregnant after taking levonelle? I took it 2 weeks ago (about 60 hours after) and today took a pregnancy test as period two days late and it was positive!! A bit nervous as I already have 3 children age 4 and under!! I would never be unhappy about a pregnancy as appreciate how lucky I am but slightly freaking out about logistics of managing 4 and also am worried as have read ages random things online about MAP affecting pregnancies and causing miscarriage, really hoping this isn't the cause as I would hate to think I had done anything to cause this. Thanks for reading!

blokespoke Wed 26-Mar-14 07:53:57

Think I'm missing something here.. You took something and now your pregnant? You have 3 kids and should be in a position to know how this happens? Lol. If you have 3 under 4 I would guess you are fairly fertile.. I have 4. They are great fun!

TwistedMelon Wed 26-Mar-14 07:59:53

blokespoke don't be a dick. Levonelle is emergency contraception and so presumably the fact the the OP took it means she didn't want to get pregnant.

OP I have been fortunate fortunate that the times I've needed to take it, it has worked. But I've heard of other cases where it hasn't, especially when more than 36 hours after sex.

I hope you are ok. You know you don't have to go through with actually having the baby if you feel that bound be the right decision.

kittenmittens Tue 01-Apr-14 11:42:47

I got pregnant after Levonelle. Except I didn't realise I was pregnant because at the time my period was due I got spotting which felt like a period. It turned out to be ectopic but I didn't realise until my fallopian tube had ruptured and I was being rushed into emergency surgery...I nearly died.

Don't mean to sound like a doom monger but the whole thing really shook me up and I just want people to be aware of the danger I suppose.

Hope you're ok OP.

LydiaLunches Tue 01-Apr-14 11:50:31

I got (remained?) pregnant after taking it (after a split condom) all was fine with pregnancy and baby, she was meant to be!

KiBe Mon 07-Apr-14 09:24:41

I got pregnant with my first after levonelle, I took it about 12 hours after split condom

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now