Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Cerazette to combat pmt, it worked at first, now, not so much!

(2 Posts)
takingawhile Mon 10-Mar-14 07:32:23

My pmt post breastfeeding was awful, Yhe worst pmt I have ever experienced, tears, losing the wil to live. So the doc placed me on cerazette. At first I had episodes of non stop bleeding, then that finally stopped (after a few months). The pmt improved but I've gained weight and now have acne. However, a few weeks back I for got to take one pill. My hormones went haywire. I started lactating again - I stopped bf over a year ago and felt angry, all the time. It was that angry feeling I had felt with pmt, alongside being tearful.

My emotions seem to be all over the place, I'm bleeding again. Today is a good day but I was thinking if just stopping it as last week me emotions nose dived.

I can't work out if it's the pill or me, I am petrified of having pmt again. It was so bad I was considering having my ovaries removed- much to my family's disguist- I don't say that lightly, but pmt changed my personality (certainly unleashed a bad side and I never want that back).

So has anyone else come off cerazette? Did their appetite decrease? Did they find anything else helps with the pmt?

Thanks

tink86 Mon 10-Mar-14 14:23:39

I took this before having my dd and it just didnt agree with me. I had terrible moods and bled all the time. I then stopped taking it and ended up conceiving my dd. when i went to dr for six week check dr gave me cerelle which has same ingredient as cerazette. It was worse the second time round. Moods were terrible. I lasted a few months and then i stopped taking it. Ive now been given micronor. Bleeding has been every two weeks but has been light. Moods have really really improved. I hated oh and thought about leaving him on a daily basis. Im now planning on getting the mirena coil fitted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now