Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Thinking of having Mirena coil removed...feel awful. Help.

(4 Posts)
nobodysfool Fri 07-Mar-14 13:56:11

I was fitted with the Mirena coil Oct last year due to very heavy periods caused by endometriosis.
Since having it fitted I have had re-occuring thrush, migraines and non-existant sex drive and some really low moods which I feels like I can't drag myself out of a black hole.
My GP has prescribed me pills for the migraines which are not helping as I seem to get them at least twice a month and they last days, gel for the thrush which has thankfully worked so far.
I am due to see my consultant tomorrow and would like to have the coil removed but am so worried that I have come to the end of the road for treatment for my endometriosis and I will have pain and flooding every month without the coil- but with it I'm suffering all month with other problems.
Any ideas or advice?

nobodysfool Fri 07-Mar-14 19:25:06

Bumping for any advice hmm

I haven't got endo, but do have a Mirena (fitted 2 weeks ago). If this didn't work for me (worries about hormonal contraception as I suffer with Anxiety) then an Ablation would be next on the list. I am already sterilised so I don't have the Mirena for contraception.

nobodysfool Sat 15-Mar-14 22:28:27

Hi and thanks fro your reply! I had it removed as I had so many side effects my consultant couldn't remove it quick enough. He has booked me in for an ablasion funnily enough. I feel so much better since it was removed .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now