Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Nexplanon- please help me out!

(2 Posts)
AngelMommy Fri 07-Mar-14 02:09:28

I have had the Nexplanon for approx 6 months now. I have had a few problems with my period lasting for weeks at a time, but it's finally settled down with that. However, over the past week I have experienced extremely sore breasts,along with lower abdominal pain and nausea at times. I did have unprotected sex with my husband approx 2 weeks ago. I've took two pregnancy tests, both with negative results. I'm freaking out here! Sore breasts was ALWAYS the first sign of pregnancy in the past for me. My question is, could this be the nexplanon causes these horrid symptoms??

MellowMarshmallow Fri 07-Mar-14 19:52:53

I have the Nexplanon and have been lucky to avoid all nasty symptoms, but when I was researching it before getting it put in, I did come across lots of stories of pregnancy like symptoms. I thought that was how it worked - by tricking your body that you are already pg so no need to ovulate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now