Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Mirena - still bleeding almost every day 3 months later...

(4 Posts)
mummmypirate Sun 02-Mar-14 19:26:03

I've put up with it in the hope it will stop eventually. Almost every day need to wear liners - and today a rush of red blood apparently without reason. Really want it to work for me, but when, oh when does the spotting and bleeding stop?

Asteria Mon 03-Mar-14 13:05:47

Not wanting to be the bearer of bad news but it may take months/get worse/never stop. Some people simply don't suit the Mirena - and it really doesn't suit them. I tried it and eventually had to have it removed as it was making me really ill - how can anything be good for you if the symptom is continuous bleeding?! I had the copper coil instead and it has been totally fine - none of the horrendous periods everyone shouts about. I have never seen the point of the mirena tbh - hormones and the coil? Take the pill or have a copper one instead.
Hope it gets better for you but if it doesn't there is nothing wrong with admitting defeat and having it removed.

MrsHoolie Mon 03-Mar-14 22:54:31

You need to give it six months to settle down really.
My periods have completely stopped with Mirena but it took a while to settle.

mummmypirate Sat 15-Mar-14 22:23:12

Thanks ladies, good advice. I can't count, it's actually been in 4 months but after chat with GP I'm going to give it until 6 months and if bleeding hasn't stopped I'll have it taken out then. Fingers crossed it stops...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now