Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

No period on Microgynon?

(4 Posts)
hellooctober01 Thu 13-Feb-14 20:59:53

I hope this is the right place to post this.
I was on the implant for a while before taking a break from hormonal contraception altogether.
I began taking Microgynon last month, but about a week after my last period as I couldn't get an appointment at our tiny GP surgery. I waited 7 days before having unprotected sex at all and haven't missed a single pill.
I'm now on the 5th day of my 7 pill free days and there is no sign of a period. I've used the pill before and got my period on the 3-4th day like clockwork so this is worrying me a little. Sorry if TMI but I have a sticky discharge, am constantly starving and have heartburn and quite bad gas, and I feel quite sick though I don't know if that's just from me worrying!
Is this normal? Has anyone experienced this sort of thing and not ended up with a surprise baby? We really can't have a baby just yet. We're struggling financially and don't even have a proper home right now, but I don't feel like I could have an abortion as I had one years ago and it took me ages to come to terms with it and stop feeling guilty and depressed.

I'm hoping everything is okay, and I plan to take a test tomorrow but I'm half expecting a negative anyway as it'll still be a fairly new pregnancy if there is one. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like this?

17leftfeet Fri 14-Feb-14 11:28:11

POAS it's the only way you'll know

not starting the pill at the right time can affect contraceptive effect but also screw up your cycle

TwittyMcTwitterson Sun 23-Feb-14 17:01:58

From what I know, it's a false period bought on from lack of the hormones you take in the pill. A doctor told me this and said even if pg you can get periods on the pill and that's why. So would be best to take a test rather than worry grin

SarahPatricia Sun 23-Feb-14 22:46:58

Take a test to make sure. I missed a lot of periods on the brand.....I miss it lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now