Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Copper coil late period ?

(13 Posts)
Milkmachinemadness Sat 08-Feb-14 21:23:12

I had the copper coil fitted last November. Had a period after that then had it checked in jan , all in place. My periods are probably all over the place because I've been breastfeeding and was on cerezette before the coil so had no periods. I now think I'm late and my boobs have been tingling like mad the last week and a bit. I'm terrified its failed us as now really isn't a good time. I'm still bfeeding 18 mo . I know the answer would be a test but I can't access one at the moment. Any reassurance there that this is normal :-/

Milkmachinemadness Sun 09-Feb-14 11:05:44

Anyone :-/

Suicidal5833 Tue 11-Feb-14 07:48:37

Hi have you tested? I think as your bf as well it's more likely that that has messed up your periods.

Milkmachinemadness Tue 11-Feb-14 08:05:23

Hi sucidal will test today , got a bit of heavy bleeding last night then this morning looks like it's all stopped again :-/

JanePurdy Tue 11-Feb-14 08:07:30

It's far more likely that your periods are disrupted due to breastfeeding/the pill. The copper coil is very reliable (I've had two with no accidental pregnancies myself!) but nothing is 100%. The only answer is to test.

Milkmachinemadness Tue 11-Feb-14 09:00:27

Thanks janepurdy , so many stories of it failing , even on the pregnancy board someone said hers has failed so I do feel a bit nervous, think we will use a back up method from now on sleeping in the spare room

JanePurdy Tue 11-Feb-14 15:22:01

Can you still feel the threads?

Milkmachinemadness Tue 11-Feb-14 18:23:55

Yea well I could the other day .

JanePurdy Tue 11-Feb-14 21:51:10

Even more unlikely to be pregnant then - have you tested yet?!

Milkmachinemadness Tue 11-Feb-14 22:00:53

No my tests haven't come , think they will arrive tommorow now , will let u know as soon as I do ......

ANM07 Mon 17-Feb-14 16:33:26

Did you take the test? I have just found out I am pregnant. I have a copper coil in and I can still feel threads. I am in shocked

Suicidal5833 Mon 17-Feb-14 16:46:54

ANMO7 you need to tell the doctor they may want to do early scans.

ProlificPenguin Sun 09-Mar-14 12:39:06

This is me too, OP are you pregnant? I am four days late. Copper coil.

Did test Friday and it came back negative, will buy another today.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now