Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Cerazette - If it gave you depression/anxiety how long after stopping before you felt better?

(4 Posts)
NotCitrus Wed 30-Oct-13 23:48:13

I felt better within 48 hours - oddly I was fine with Cerazette after ds, but with dd who was in fact sleeping through while I took it, suddenly got really bad PND. But thinking it was fine previously, I kept taking it for 3 months.

Got a coil fitted instead, until DP stops being a wuss and gets the snip.

MamaXa Wed 30-Oct-13 23:32:56

Hi I was on it for about 4wks and it definitely took a while for things to get back to normal (couple of months). I was then advised by Gp to try mirena coil which made things ten times worst. Nothing goes with me so I only use cndms as contraceptionsad

AutumnStar Tue 29-Oct-13 21:03:55

Hi grace. Didn't want to leave your post unanswered. I came off cerazette about two months ago and I'd say it took a couple of weeks to feel better (my anxiety wasn't severe though) and about five weeks for my body to get back to normal. Hope you feel better soon.

graceflorence Tue 29-Oct-13 08:09:12

After DD1 I took the combined pill and it gave me sickness, anxiety and depression. I came off it and decided to have DD2 a couple of years later. After DD2 the doctor prescribed Cerazette as he thought the mini pill would be better. It's worse. After only 10 days of taking it I felt awful, sickness, anxiety, depression and a feeling of dread. I stopped taking it 4 days ago now and actually feel worse. How long until other people felt better?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now