Joint webchat with Conservative and Labour housing minister and shadow housing minister, MONDAY 2 MARCH 1pm x

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

side effects of the copper coil

(5 Posts)
millward85 Mon 16-Sep-13 22:34:01

Hi I had the copper coil fitted 2 weeks ago n the day after I had it fitted I had really bad cramps, mylegs were very paintul n all my ribs, it lasted a couple of days n then went, then a day later I came on my period had a few cramps but horrible back ache and I am still bleeding, the past couple of days I hav felt really down and very paranoid and really tiered I hav 2 children n feel bad that I hav no energy to do anything and feel sorry for my husband havin todo it all, does anyone else feel like this or is it just me.

RegainingUnconsciousness Mon 16-Sep-13 22:39:51

I can't remember what it was like early on, but I do remember that the first 3 or 4 periods after fitting had a day or 2 of being super heavy, to the point where I felt a bit wibbly and had to ask a colleague to walk with me.

I continued to have one pretty heavy day each period for a couple of years, but that's calming down now too.

However, I was BFing until 6 months ago, so that might have had an impact.

No other issues. Not any more painful than before. And no hormonal nasties! (Well, apart from the home grown ones!)

Speak to your doc if you're concerned. It could be the coil, it could be something unrelated but coincidental. You might just need more time to for it to settle?

millward85 Tue 17-Sep-13 10:38:38

Today I feel worse than ever the room is just spinning cant even get up defo need to go see the doc

RegainingUnconsciousness Wed 18-Sep-13 06:08:59

Did you see the doc?

Hope you're feeling better.

millward85 Wed 18-Sep-13 10:36:41

Yes thank you the doc gave me tablets to stop the bleedin n the spinnin is nothin to do with it think I could hav vertigo

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now