Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

My Mirena just fell out...

(7 Posts)
eatriskier Mon 09-Sep-13 11:59:21

I have no clue what this says about me...

I suffer horrendous periods generally full of large clots, very heavy bleeding and pain that strong painkillers can't touch. Got the Mirena in and have had 4 months of relative bliss, ok Ive bled a little everyday and had the hormone rage for a week or two/spots etc. But generally it was such an improvement of having to go through that every month I've been happy.

Then two days ago I started bleeding heavily and was in agony. Then the clots came back. And this morning a massive clot came out along with my mirena!!!!!

I'm off to the docs on weds to get a new one fitted (I think), but has this happened to anyone else? Have I just been unlucky and got a dodgy one or does this mean me and mirena are not compatible?

tia

eatriskier Mon 09-Sep-13 12:03:32

oh yeah, just to add. No way it was pregnancy related unless it was immaculate wink

barleysugar Mon 09-Sep-13 12:06:11

Yes, it happened to me a few months ago. I won't get another one, it was so traumatic having it the first place!

And it didn't make my periods lighter as they are supposed to.

Theas18 Mon 09-Sep-13 12:07:42

Oh dear!

Have another. It may fall out again, or it may well be fine ( the first one may have been sitting a little too low or something, or you've just been unlucky)

Nagoo Mon 09-Sep-13 12:07:51

My copper coil fell out. They scanned me and I have a fibroid. My periods are a bit strange because of that too. I had another one put in under a GA so they could position it right, and it's been fine since.

starburstaddict Mon 09-Sep-13 13:19:32

Same thing has happened to me. I have a large fibroid too - something worth asking about if you haven't already. It was the second Mirena I'd had problems with (the first one got dislodged due to fibroid so it was removed as it wasn't in the right place to fully protect me). I switched to Nexplanon after that as it just seemed too much hassle to keep arranging for a new one to be inserted if it kept happening again.
I've continued to have heavy, long periods with the implant though and my GP wanted me to return to Mirena as it's one of the best solutions for heavy bleeding - so still might be worth persisting with if it helps you.

eatriskier Mon 09-Sep-13 16:20:52

Thanks all. I'll question fibroids with the GP on weds. I miss my mirena already, I'm in agony, in a rage and am bleeding very heavily and massive clotting. I have not missed this at all. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now