Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

HELP!! Depo Provera ran out yesterday but taking Cerazette for the last 15 days

(5 Posts)
mumto3beauts Thu 05-Sep-13 14:17:09

I have previously been on the Depo injection (had 1), but didn't get on with it very well so doctor put me onto Cerazette and have been taking it for the last 15 days. Me and my partner want to start trying for a baby, but unsure as when to stop the Cerazette. Has anyone had any experience similar to this and found that it took a long time for AF to return.

ThedementedPenguin Thu 05-Sep-13 15:34:07

I was on cerazette from last October. I stopped on 2/06/13 I'm nearly 10 weeks pregnant. Had an AF on 29/06 and found out I was pregnant around 21/07.

mumto3beauts Fri 06-Sep-13 21:26:55

I am just worried as me and my dp want to TTC but because I overlapped the depo and cerazette (on docs advice) that its going to take forever to get a BFP due to depo still being in my system. Have not taken cerezette from today and have had some light red blood on wiping (tmi sorry) but unsure if that's just my body adjusting. Always either had depo or implant before so no experience of the pill..

just be aware that the depo can cause a delay in the return of your fertility and in some people it can take a year or more to conceive

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now