Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Mirena and bleeding

(7 Posts)
annguyen187 Sat 12-Oct-13 13:16:09

If that situation too painful to go to the doctor for treatment. But if it's just a minor wound, it will heal itself. But you need to abstain from sex until you are completely back to normal.

Wishing you good health and happiness!

- MD24housecall -

LEMisdisappointed Thu 03-Oct-13 15:36:32

I have had a mirena for 7 years now - no bleeding at all. That is the norm

honeybeeridiculous Thu 03-Oct-13 15:34:49

Had mine fitted last nov, took 6 months to settle in, had no bleeding since may but last 2 weeks have started to bleed again sad I had it fitted to stop heavy bleeding, I'm 47. Was just starting to enjoy no bleeding now I'm back to square 1, have never been able to find strings from day 1, but Dr said she could feel them, but not been back since last year confused

MarianForrester Tue 03-Sep-13 16:50:24

This happened to me. I found the constant bleeding an excellent contraceptive, but had the horrible thing removed after about 7 months of it.

whostolethesocks Tue 03-Sep-13 16:49:20

Anyone? sad

pipsqueakz Mon 02-Sep-13 21:34:11

Snap! I'll be interested in replies.

whostolethesocks Mon 02-Sep-13 19:59:28

Had it fitted last December. Nearly always have bleeding after intercourse and some bleeding most of the time. It's really getting me down. Is this normal?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now