Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Not family planning but unsure where to post, daughter aged 15 and periods normal or not?

(9 Posts)
namechangedjustforthis Thu 29-Aug-13 12:11:54

My daughter started her period at 12/13 and got it every month to the day, she's told me she only gets one maybe every 3 months now? Is that normal after having regular periods for so long?

dancemom Thu 29-Aug-13 12:13:21

Is she healthy? Not overweight or underweight?

dancemom Thu 29-Aug-13 12:13:45

Or under any stress?

namechangedjustforthis Thu 29-Aug-13 12:16:26

She's not under any stress, happy girl but she is skinny always has been though, even though she eats more than any off us! But she was really skinny when she started so its not a new thing? Xx

GrimmaTheNome Thu 29-Aug-13 12:17:14

One cause of irregular periods is PCOS - does she have any of those symptoms eg bad acne?

idiot55 Thu 29-Aug-13 12:17:49

I'd say a quick gp visit , maybe check hormone levels.

namechangedjustforthis Thu 29-Aug-13 12:19:51

P.s should also have said not on meds/contraception I'm not sure if this is a thing to see doctor about, I mentioned it to her and she did noooo I'm glad I don't get them more often, and she's lucky, but I'm not sure if its a sign something's not right x

namechangedjustforthis Thu 29-Aug-13 12:21:14

She does have bad acne, and is on permanent antibiotics for that.. But I'd assumed that was just a teenage thing, I didn't realise you could get pcos this young x

IKnewHouseworkWasDangerous Thu 29-Aug-13 12:26:29

I started having signs of pcos at 17. Was diagnosed formally 3 months ago at 32!

However I have been tested for varios other issues over that time. She needs to have ther thyroid checked etc. PCOS isnt the end of the world even at 15.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now