Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Marvelon to Gedarel - side effects

(3 Posts)
Beaverfeaver Mon 26-Aug-13 19:41:41

So I have been happily taking marvelon for years but just got swapped over to Gedarel which has the same active ingredients and dosage as marvelon is currently unavailable.

Is it really the same?

Today I have been feeling so down that I have been in tears for no known reason and I have breakthrough bleeding.
Neither of which I had on marvelon.

caringmummy2013 Mon 26-Aug-13 23:46:57

Every pill reacts differently even if same active ingredients According to bnf marvelon hasnt any issues with supply nationally at moment however locally could be as gederal is cheaper to stock. Best going back to nurse ask for alternative as plenty of choices and some new ones too come out in last couple of months

sparkle101 Tue 27-Aug-13 17:55:34

Hi

I was able to swap easily between the two with no issues. Nothing changed between different pills. However second that if you're unsure there are lots of different choices and some good new pills out there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now