Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Going back on the pill

(2 Posts)
Lettuce91 Thu 22-Aug-13 23:23:30

I came off the pill in July as me and my boyfriend wanted to try for a baby. I had a withdrawal bleed and unprotected sex since and have done a pregnancy test which showed as negative. I have now decided that I'm not ready for a baby and want to go back on the pill but I don't want to wait for the first day of my period. Is it okay to start taking the pill again if the pregnancy test has shown as negative? The pill I have is microgynon.

I'm so up and down with this. One minute I want to try for a baby the next I don't, so as I'm not 100% sure I've decided to hold off a bit.

you can start at any time in your cycle but you need to use extra precautions for 7 days

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now