Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Anyone been on Rigevidon?

(5 Posts)
RebeccaP Mon 29-Jul-13 13:22:57

Hi. I have gone back on the pill 6 years after having my first child. The GP has given me Rigevidon. I've been taking it for 21 days now and have bleeding and stomach cramps pretty much all of the time. Does anyone know if this is normal and will settle down? Or does it mean that this Pill doesn't agree with me? The main reason for going back on the Pill was to have lighter periods so i wasn't expecting 3 weeks of period pain! Thank you.

koutaliaphobe Mon 19-Aug-13 17:04:22

It's one of the most common pills, but it's better known as Microgynon. You might get more answers if you ask about that instead (they're exactly the same formulation, just different names) smile

nannynicnic Thu 22-Aug-13 16:55:48

I've been on Microgynon/Rigevidon for 5 1/2 years and not had any problems at all

koutaliaphobe Fri 23-Aug-13 00:39:06

Oh and just to add, OP - I was on it for a while and had a terrible time, but apparently my body cannot tolerate synthetic progesterone so am not the best example. But when I was given it, the nurse said that they like you to wait 3 months before deciding if you want to continue or not as that's how long it normally takes side effects to settle smile

Somethingtothinkabout Fri 23-Aug-13 00:45:25

I was on Microgynon for a few years and was recently switched onto Ridgevidon . Apparently it's just the same, but cheaper. I haven't noticed any difference between them.

I run my packs back to back usually but haven't suffered any cramps or bleeding.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now