Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Iud copper coil or ius mirena

(3 Posts)
me2013 Sun 23-Jun-13 19:57:47

I'm pregnant with baby no 5 so plan on no more kids my patner wont have the snip as he's a wimp.want something that last years so been look at the coil but not sure which one is best any opinions would be great to hear.

I went for the mirena as it is supposed to make periods lighter (it did) whereas the copper coil is supposed to make periods heavier, longer and more painful.

freedom567 Thu 11-Jul-13 13:32:26

wouldn't do copper; I've finally had mine removed after 5 years - heavy periods, longer, painful, an although not everyone gets them the side affects in terms of the pre-menstrual activities of bloating, sore boobs etc were far worse, having to chatted to my healthcare prof we both agreed that it would be Mirena next time (if there is to be a next time)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now