Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Throwing up contraceptive pill

(3 Posts)
Namechanger012345 Thu 20-Jun-13 14:47:32

Thanks

The vomiting was a one off so I have only missed that one day. Sounds like it should be fine then but I'll use condoms this week just to be sure.

meditrina Thu 20-Jun-13 09:46:17

This is what NHS has to say about missed pills. You should also consult the leaflet in the pack.

As you're being sick, I'd worry that yesterday/tomorrow's pills might also not be properly absorbed, so would go for the 'two or more' missed pills instructions, which means 7 days additional precautions once you've re-started taking them (and keeping them down) as normal.

Namechanger012345 Thu 20-Jun-13 00:13:04

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I have only recently gone on the pill so I'm not too sure...

I took my first pill of a new month's pack this morning and then I was sick really soon afterwards probably within about half an hour, definitely within an hour. As this counts as a missed pill, I'm assuming I will have to use condoms if I want to have sex tomorrow? How long until its safe to go back to relying on the pill? It's levest/microgynon 30.

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now