Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Coil after MC

(5 Posts)
Runwayqueen Thu 16-May-13 22:27:26

Thank you. This is the 4th mc. Unlike before it wasn't a planned pregnancy hence I'm planning the coil. I have my wonderful dd.

I'm going to try and speak to my gp on the phone 2moro as I want to be certain it's the right time. Also I'm awful with internal examinations so I have some questions regarding mess to calm my awful nerves should I go ahead with it

rufusnine Wed 15-May-13 23:00:18

Obviously lots of people have coils with no problems but I just didn't like it much and then when I had the falling out incident I decided to have a rethink. Just to say also I'm sorry for your loss, I have lost 3 but have 3 lovely children too x

Runwayqueen Wed 15-May-13 22:14:24

Oh blimey, that must have been horrendous for you sad

I did ask gp if it was too soon, and she thought it was best to get it in now. Time for a rethink maybe

rufusnine Wed 15-May-13 19:14:37

Just to make you aware that years ago I had a coil fitted 4 weeks after a miscarriage by my GP and when I had problems 2 months later ( It literally was falling out and had to be removed shock) the nurse said I should have waited at least 6 weeks from my miscarriage before having a coil fitted. I actually had a fair amount of bleeding and extremely painful periods after I had it fitted so I decided not to have another one .....hmm

Runwayqueen Wed 15-May-13 13:01:17

On Monday I will be having the coil fitted. I had a miscarriage confirmed yesterday. Just wondering if anyone else has had a coil fitted right off the back of a mc. Did your bleeding continue? Emotionally were you ok?

I know everyone is different but just curious.

Thanks in advance

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now