Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

ok so I'm after an alternative to the pill

(27 Posts)
chocoholic05 Sat 11-May-13 19:08:47

I'm going to make an appointment next week. I'm bored with the monotony of taking it everyday tbh. I'm very forgetful and there's usually one or two pills each month I've forgotten sad and that doesn't count the ones I take less than twelve hours later! I had implanon removed last year because I bled constantly! I'm thinking either the coil or sterilized? I'm on mercilon at the moment btw

Sidge Mon 13-May-13 13:05:34

If you came to see me I'd recommend a Mirena coil.

Then if your DH gets his act together and gets snipped you can just have it removed.

Keep taking your pills for now as the HCP will need to be confident you're not pregnant before inserting an IUS.

scaevola Mon 13-May-13 13:21:33

Sorry to divert: TheFuzz I'm really sorry to hear it's got bad again. I've been posting quite a bit about vasectomies since we decided DH would get done (op in January, PVSA - at last - this coming weekend) and have seen several of your posts. The last seemed to be saying you were all ok, and it must be horrible for you for it to have relapsed.

<diversion over>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now