Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Another Mirena thread... advice please ladies

(3 Posts)
Cate29 Thu 04-Apr-13 12:16:22

Hi ladies. I've had a look through other threads on the mirena but can't see any posters with my problem. So, I had the mirena fitted last June and had a few months of discomfort as I expected. Then things settled down and I loved it, and only posted on here a few days ago that it was worth having and persevering with.

Today I noticed that the pigmentation of the areola on one of my boobs seems to be spreading under and around where it should be. I have been suffering with sore boobs for a good two weeks before af for the last four months or so, which is unusual for me as even early pregnancy doesn't make my boobs sore normally. I put it down to the coil, but the pigmentation has made me panic. I did a cheap pregnancy test this morning and that was negative as I expected.

Does anyone have any ideas or experienced this before?

floweryblue Thu 04-Apr-13 21:33:07

If you are concerned about unusual changes you should see your GP as soon as you can.

patka2109 Tue 22-Jul-14 20:18:51

I am having the same issue, have you ever found out anything?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now