Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Maaassively long cycle. Anyone else?

(2 Posts)
niceupthedance Tue 26-Mar-13 09:14:52

They might do an ovarian function blood test (or whatever it is) which measured fsh and other things <technical>. My periods have always run to cycles of between. 35-70 days. When my test results came back apparently I had levels expected from a mid-20s woman - I was 35.

I came off the pill and only had a period every 2 months. Managed to get pg through intensive use of ovulation tests and temp charting and expected periods to come more often post-baby. baby 1 year old now and periods still only every 2 months... Do i go to doctor? what could they do anyway? Not sure I can be told to "wait and see if they become more regular" again. Can't remember what they were like pre-pill – it was a while ago now!
Recent panic inspired by news that both my mum and her mum had fairly early menopause. would a doctor/gynaecologist ever do anything other than advise me to get all the babies I want out asap?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now