Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Swapping from Mirena to Copper Coil

(4 Posts)
fuzzyduck1000 Wed 20-Mar-13 22:33:12

I can deal with the heavier periods its the bleeding constantly and feeling low and argumentative I can't deal with

the copper coil can make periods heavier and more painful-are you sure you want more bleeding?

TheAccidentalExhibitionist Sun 17-Mar-13 11:21:31

I can't answer your question but I can tell you that I bled lots, sometimes for months at a time and had periods every 15 days with the copper coil.

fuzzyduck1000 Sat 16-Mar-13 23:08:55

I'm due to go have my Mirena swapped to a copper coil in a couple of days due to me pretty much bleeding the full 9 months I've had it in and other problems, an I was just wondering if anyone had done the same due to similar problems and if so how long did it take for the hormones to leave your system and you stopped bleeding and just went back to normal cycle periods? Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now