Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Worrying about mirena

(4 Posts)
havingamadmoment Sun 10-Mar-13 14:51:28

first of all I am very happy with mirena I have had it a year and a half now and it has been great. No pain going in about 4 weeks of spotting after but since then I have had regular period (every 30 days exactly) but lighter than before. Its great. However, I keep hearing horror stories about removal and really heavy bleeing. It probably sounds stupid but I have ALWAYS panicked about having heavy periods I have no idea why I get half convinced I a going to bleed to death (stupid yes but I cant help it).
I have had 5 children and luckliy only bled for a short amount of time after each one and only pretty lightly even in the first 48 hours.

I have no intention of having it removed in the near future but the whole thing is starting to terrify me!. I just wondered what experience everyone has had of this?

LIZS Sun 10-Mar-13 17:22:55

I'm on my 3rd and never had any excessive bleeding on exchange. might be different if removed but may well never know .

Kimmy1986 Mon 18-Mar-13 15:17:41

I got mine out on the 18th February and bled for about 2days but it was in no way heavy. Then I had a bit of spotting for a further 4 days after.

Maybe some others may have experienced it differently but I was fine!smile

fuzzyduck1000 Mon 25-Mar-13 15:06:52

I had mine out 8 days ago and had like a normal/light period bleeding afterwards that was it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now