Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Copper coil fitting help (sorry if TMI)

(7 Posts)
thecapitalsunited Thu 07-Mar-13 20:54:08

You shouldn't be able to feel them hanging out, no. Go back to your GP and ask them to trim. My threads are quite long (or at least the doc who fitted it said they were leaving them long so they would curl around the cervix when softened) but they've never hung out.

Crocodilehunter Thu 07-Mar-13 20:53:32

Yeah, will do first thing tomorrow! Thank you!

WithASpider Thu 07-Mar-13 20:52:33

They should have been trimmed, mine are barely an inch long.

VinegarDrinker Thu 07-Mar-13 20:48:34

Make a GP appointment and ask them to trim them

Crocodilehunter Thu 07-Mar-13 20:46:25

No I don't think they did, it literally took him 5 mins to fit it and that was it, they sent me on my way confused

pixi2 Thu 07-Mar-13 20:43:22

Did they cut the threads after putting the coil in? No it's not normal. I have the copper coil and you have to put your finger quite high to feel the threads.

Crocodilehunter Thu 07-Mar-13 20:41:11

I've just had my first copper coil fitted! When the doc was talking about it she said the person who was fitting the coil would explain how to feel for the threads etc!
They didn't tell me how and i forgot to ask, but when I got home I felt uncomfortable as if the threads were stabbing my labia, so I checked and I didn't need to insert my fingers to feel the threads they were just hanging out I could see them!
Is this normal? Does anyone else have experience of this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now