Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Cerazette...going crazy or could I possibly be.....??

(11 Posts)
peapop Fri 15-Feb-13 14:48:12

I had been on cerazette for 5 months before i stopped taking it 8 days ago. I have been on it previously prior to a mmc but for some reason I couldn't settle on it this time, often having constant spotting or a period every 10-14 days. It also massively changed my mood, recently I have been so low.
I suffer from constant daily headaches and in a desperate attempt to eliminate any possible causes or triggers and fed up of near constant bleeding I decided to come off the pill.
I stopped mid packet but I had a period 3 weeks ago and one 2 weeks before that so I was fully expecting to at least have had some spotting by now.
Has anyone else had similar experiences??

DancingInTheMoonlight Fri 15-Feb-13 19:54:12

I have just come off it for the same reason!

I came off it too after bleeding on & off, painful boobs and feeling like rubbish. Now on microgynon

notcitrus Fri 15-Feb-13 20:04:22

I got terrible PND the second time I took it. Though was ok first time so it didn't occur to me or GP there was a problem, but I went from near-suicidal to almost fine in under 48 hours.

peapop Sat 16-Feb-13 08:55:15

yes I can sympathise with that. I very suddenly become overwhelmed with life, last week was my lowest point and now I'm off it it seems a world away!
how soon after coming off it did your periods return? I can't believe I haven't yet after near constant bleeding when on it?!

DancingInTheMoonlight Sat 16-Feb-13 13:13:01

I had a period 2 weeks later. Feel like a different person too!

peapop Sat 16-Feb-13 17:41:53

2 weeks ok, so I shouldn't be worrying yet? I just expected something considering the way I was when on it.
I cant understand how readily they recommend it considering how much it affects your mood its just awful. I def feel better being off it and wont be using it again!

DancingInTheMoonlight Sat 16-Feb-13 18:16:23

Me neither! i don't think I'm going to risk anything else.haven't found a pill to suit me and the arm implant was a nightmare!

peapop Sat 23-Feb-13 17:07:12

Well its over 2 weeks since I came off the pill and 5 since I had a period and still nothing. POAS on Monday and it was negative. What's going on?? When would you test again/see GP?

smellysocksandchickenpox Sat 23-Feb-13 17:09:11

it made me ker-azy!

and periods took a year to get back to being properly regular after stopping

peapop Sat 23-Feb-13 18:11:46

A year?! blimey, its the worst pill, everyone seems to have bad experiences on it. I was just worried and anxious constantly when on it and although I feel better mood wise I'm still worrying now cos no period!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now