Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Doctors won't help me with pregnancy

(34 Posts)
Bribri16 Mon 11-Feb-13 21:09:14

Hi all, I have done 2 pregnancy but both came out different, I went to go to my doctors too see if they could do a blood pg test or a urine test but they said that none of the nurses or doctors won't deal won't deal or do it:/ any advice on what I can do now?

Bribri16 Tue 12-Feb-13 15:55:49

I really do think its stupid. They telling me to get an other counter one when Iv took 3 but 2 have been different , so I wanted a blood pg test or urine test but woludnt give it too me. Not even an appointment , what am I meant to do now?

Dahlialover Tue 12-Feb-13 17:10:53

I used to pee into a container (1st thing in the morning) and dip it in that, as I could never pee on the right bit......

I just had one done in hospital (gynae op) and the nurse used that method too.

doublecakeplease Tue 12-Feb-13 18:59:57

£1 shop tests -they're as accurate as any. As Dahlia says - first morning wee into a scalded container and dip the test in.

I'm with Sidge - wouldn't think surgeries have the time or resources for random pg tests.
Hope you get the result you want.

Bribri16 Wed 13-Feb-13 07:30:04

But they could atleast help me or redirect me somewhere I would of though?

Bakingtins Wed 13-Feb-13 07:36:13

What result did the third test give, Bribri ?

doublecakeplease Wed 13-Feb-13 07:38:12

You could let us try to help? A few of us have suggested using fmu in a pot?

Are you 'late enough' for a test? They are usually very accurate. I really don't mean to be flippant but you are just possibly pregnant, not ill. Fingers crossed for you.

LexyMa Wed 13-Feb-13 07:40:13

Do you want to be pregnant or are anxious that you might be?

Bribri16 Wed 13-Feb-13 08:01:42

I'm doing the Pee in the pot one tomorrow to hopefully help me, he third one came out positive but still had one negative. I wanted to go doctor to make sure or clear things up. I haven't had a proper period for 2 months, only spotting :/ I'm anxious x

Sidge Wed 13-Feb-13 21:02:01

You are far more likely to get a false negative than a false positive so if your most recent test is positive then I'd be inclined to believe it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now