Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

IUD coil and night sweats??

(4 Posts)
Dahlialover Fri 08-Feb-13 13:30:33

It does sound hormonal but night sweats can be other things, such as infection, so I would see GP.

sophie11 Fri 08-Feb-13 10:37:04

I had it again last night, and it means I have to change my clothes, and spend a few minutes regulating my breath- as wake up with palpitations. It only happens during the time of the month, so must be hormonal. But, I agree copper coil has no hormonal element, so I am clearly reacting to something. Oh, the never-ending joys of being a woman! I was hoping to find someone who may have been through this, as GP always so useless. Thanks for sharing.

openerofjars Thu 07-Feb-13 22:09:46

I had the copper coil and never had this. GP appointment sounds like a good idea. I had it with the mini pill and after having my babies, but not on the coil. It does sound hormonal and the copper coil doesn't have any hormonal element as I understand it.

Good luck x

sophie11 Thu 07-Feb-13 13:44:33

Hi I am mother of 3 children, I am in my early 30's, and had the copper coil fitted 4 months ago. I have noticed that recently during my period, I will wake up covered in sweat. Sometimes it is so bad, i need to change my pyjamas and pillowcase. but, it only last 2 or 3 nights during my period. Is this normal? HAs anyone had any experience of this, or should I word? I don't think its menopause, or perhaps its early signs… Help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now