Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Mirena Coil 5 years advise please!!!

(4 Posts)
benny123 Fri 28-Sep-12 11:31:48

Thank you have spoken to Doctor and now being put on Mini pill for a month before having coil fitted. She apologised and said she should have thought of that . What would we do without the internet now LOL

vodkaanddietirnbru Fri 28-Sep-12 11:12:30

of course you can have sex and use condoms - does she think he has super bionic sperm that can bash through them?!

Netdoctor says to use condoms for the first 7 days after insertion if you are having put in at any time other than when you are having a period.

mirean coil

The alternative is as above - use the mini pill until you get a new mirena

wigwaminamustardmill Fri 28-Sep-12 10:35:30

My doctor wanted to put me on the mini pill for a month before my new coil as the last one had expired, that could be a possibility.

benny123 Fri 28-Sep-12 10:31:03

Just been to Doctors to sort out a new coil to be fitted as my coil ran out on 19/9 and she said I must not have sex until new one is fitted and not unto week beginning 14/10. As I had sex on Sunday 23/9. I am 48 years of age with just 1 ovary. She said I must not even use condoms . I must sound like a sex maniac but this does seem a bit excessive but the reason is I have a week end booked away next weekend with hubbie ,which I told her and she just shrugged her shoulders and I felt like a nymphomaniac . I have not been having periods .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now