Uk Census Online

(8 Posts)
hollyisalovelyname Fri 08-Aug-14 09:39:42

In Ireland we have the 1901 and 1911 census online.
Are any U. K. ( including Northern Ireland) census results online ?

RedToothBrush Fri 08-Aug-14 09:54:13

You could try findmypast.co.uk or ancestry.co.uk for England and Wales

Both are subscription sites however (I don't think anywhere currently has these free). Ancestry does a free months trial, and findmypast currently have a £1 for your first month deal on.

Northern Ireland would fall under the Irish census due to it being part of Ireland in 1901 and 1911.

Scotland has its own census. www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/?

hollyisalovelyname Fri 08-Aug-14 09:57:03

Thank you.
It's after Ireland became independent so it would be under U. K. as it's Northern Ireland census I would like to see. Are they published online?

hollyisalovelyname Fri 08-Aug-14 10:17:43

When I go into Ancestry UK and enter my details and then tick the box re terms and conditions it then goes to the list of terms and conditions and that's it. No way out. Restart the whole process again and the same thing happens. Grrrr confused
If I don't tick terms and conditions, I get told I must.
What can I do? Sob

RedToothBrush Fri 08-Aug-14 10:37:34

Northern Ireland is under Ireland in both 1901 and 1911.

UK census records later than that have not been published as they are less than 100 years old.

hollyisalovelyname Fri 08-Aug-14 12:36:14

Thank you.

kimistayingalive Thu 26-Mar-15 22:27:31

www.1911census.co.uk/default.aspx

You can get bits of information using the above link for 1911 census in UK.

But like others have mentioned www.ancestry.co.uk or www.findmypast.co.uk are good sites to use. There's also www.genesreunited.co.uk but I don't know if it accesses censuses.

opalfire Sun 07-Jun-15 14:26:37

Genes reunited does access censuses. All three websites will usually offer a 14 day free trial too. Holly have you tried clearing cookies then having another go at the Ancestry site? I personally prefer it's layout.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now