Does anyone have access to the Almanach de Gotha

(6 Posts)
Iceflower Sun 15-Jul-12 15:22:34

Thank you! Will go and look now.

Oh and this wiki page might help with the search too smile

ancestry hold German records for at least the last century. Might be a good place to start. Good luck!

Iceflower Sun 15-Jul-12 13:45:21

Thanks SBD. I've tried but had no luck sad. However it may be that I'm not asking the wrong question blush. I think the surname has been anglicised from German over time, and also, the oldest descendant was known by his first name only. None of that probably makes any sense grin blush

Where else could I look? If anyone has any ideas, I would be very grateful.
They also claim a german baronetcy (sp?) which might be easier to trace, and then go from there. I'm afraid to post any more details in case I out myself!

Have you tried here?

They've got a search function. Hth.

Iceflower Sun 15-Jul-12 13:31:23

My FIL claims to be a prince of the Holy Roman Empire, and ds is next in line. Apparently there is an entry in the Almanach listing his credentials, but try as I might I'm unable to get a peek at one, or access it online.

FIL's cousin is trying to finish the family tree started by another member of the family, and I have to say it all looks pretty impressive.

But until I see it in black and white, I have my doubts!

Can anyone help?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now