Has anyone made a Family History book?

(3 Posts)
MrsSharp Thu 27-Oct-11 09:31:40

Over the years I have done a bit of research into my Famiy Tree and I would like to compile the info, census documents, old photos and family tree diagrams in to a nice book for Xmas presents. Has anyone ever done something similar, and can you recommend a good site?

I have looked at the books on Ancestry.com, but they look a bit too stuffy for what I want - and I want to be able to add more than just the family tree diagrams. I was thinking about using something like PhotoBox, but then I think I will need to redraw all the diagrams in to an easier format.

Ahhhh! It's getting complicated!

I don't want to spend a fortune as this is very much a "work in progress" and I hope to be able to do more research in the future.

Thank you!

TiarasTimeOutsAndTantrums Fri 28-Oct-11 13:20:17

Watching this as my nan would love something similar

TheProvincialLady Fri 28-Oct-11 13:26:40

I have, but rather than use a site etc I just bought a large posh scrapbook and cut and pasted (literally, rather than on the computer!) in what I wanted. This was for DH's grandfather who died a few years ao so there weren't as many products out there, but actually I think I would still do the same as there is nothing as flexible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now