DH wants to find his Dad, where do we start?

(7 Posts)
MarkStretch Sat 04-Dec-10 14:41:16

DH has never known his Dad. His Mum had him and his two older sisters with the same man but left him when DH was 6 months old. She left London and started a new life for herself and never had any contact with him again.

DH would like to know a bit more about him and whether he has any other brothers and sisters but we really don't know where to start. We know his name, what he worked as and where he was from but that is about it.

It is possible he is deceased as he was in his late 40's when DH was born and he is now 38.

How do we go about it?

MmeBlueberry Sat 04-Dec-10 15:04:01

I think it would be pretty easy for profesionals to trace him. If you want to do it yourself, you could perhaps start with something like 192.com. It will enable you to search the electoral registers.

For death certificates, I think you need to have a rough idea of the area (judging from watching Heir Hunters).

MarkStretch Sat 04-Dec-10 21:44:59

Thanks, I tried 192.com tonight and found nothing. It is really expensive too to keep buying credits! This is really frustrating.

Cretaceous Sun 05-Dec-10 17:22:39

Have you tried the Salvation Army? They do some tracing. I think they might need your DH's birth certificate for proof of a relationship.

MarkStretch Sun 05-Dec-10 20:19:47

Oh thanks, no hadn't thought of them. We have such sketchy details that it really is very tricky. I think DH might need to have a talk with his mum and get some more information.

MarkStretch

Have sent you a PM

SingleMan25b Sat 30-Jul-11 21:49:40

Try the Electoral Register - (there are a few online) make sure it has 2011.
www.peopletracer.co.uk/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now