Sick of benefits

(5 Posts)
Lipsy234 Mon 28-Nov-16 19:41:17

Never been in a stable job with a basic salary, do not have the best qualifications but would like to get into something that pays well. Not sure where to start.

Curlyloveswine Mon 28-Nov-16 19:45:53

- Visit your jobcentre. Do they offer a careers service? Many do where you have a meeting to discuss options and ideas to help you make a plan.
- Look at classes at your local college. There are literally all sorts.
- Do some research into what you may be interested in. I'm not saying you have to be looking for a full on career, but do you want to work in some sort of customer service? With adults? Children? Animals? Alone?
- Look for volunteering opportunities. These might not jump out at you but if you ask about and offer your time, you're getting the work experience under your belt.
- Be kind to yourself. If you know you're trying everything, what more can anybody ask of you? The job market is a bitch!

QuiteLikely5 Mon 28-Nov-16 19:51:33

Decide what you want to do first of all then go from there.

What is it you are interested in

Lipsy234 Tue 29-Nov-16 12:55:53

Thank you curly. That is very helpful.
Although I am not in a position to volunteer at the moment, i will ask my local job centre for some careers service and have a look at the local college.

Lipsy234 Tue 29-Nov-16 13:08:24

Thanks quite but i do not know what i would like to do, thats the problem.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now