Commute to London Bridge from Bromley South

(7 Posts)
Bromleysouthresident Fri 28-Oct-16 01:03:30

Hi
We have recently moved to Bromley South and my office is going to move to London Bridge this December 2016. So there is 1 monrg to go.

As there is no direct train to London Bridge from Bromley South, I am planning to drive to a station that has direct trains to London Bridge.

I would like to drive the car from and to house also as a safety feature. I do not like waljing in the dark when its late in the evening. i am planning to park my car in rentable driveways. I would probably drive 20 min max each way.

Could you suggest me which station/s I should take the train from.

P.s i do not want to take bus+train + tube to go to London Bridge. I would like to use only train at the second part of the journey to save some money.
E.g drive to kent house + train to LB.

Thanks in advance.

CakeMonster100 Fri 28-Oct-16 01:21:17

Until 2017, only trains going to Charing Cross stop at London Bridge but you can take a train to Cannon Street and change at Hither Green/Lewisham to get to London Bridge (or walk the 10 minutes to London Bridge from Cannon Street depending on which side of the river you're based). Trains on the Orpington line all go that way so nearest to Bromley are probably Chislehurst, Petts Wood and Elmstead Woods and all have car parks that are reasonable to get parking in if you're leaving before 8ish. If you're the other side of Bromley you might find Bromley North easier and changing/going to Grove Park is an alternative. No car park there though.

Bromleysouthresident Sat 29-Oct-16 19:36:59

Chistlehurst sounds good to me. I will check car parking options. Thank you.

TheWitchwithNoName Sat 29-Oct-16 19:41:47

I drive to Hayes each day (5-10 minute drive). It's roughly £80 a month to park and £160 for a train ticket (no bus or tube, I use contactless for that if in have to change my route). Charing Cross trains only stop at London Bridge - about a 50 minute journey.

TheWitchwithNoName Sat 29-Oct-16 19:42:18

Closer than chislehurst.

TheWitchwithNoName Sat 29-Oct-16 19:43:11

Sorry, 40 minutes by train, not 50.

Bromleysouthresident Thu 03-Nov-16 19:22:59

Hayes also is the first stop on that line to ensure a seat. Thanks for the answer. Hayes definetely the best option at the moment. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now