Too many maternity leaves??

(2 Posts)
MakeMineADouble81 Wed 10-Aug-16 16:30:18

Hi all, I have three DC aged 5, 2 and 1. I have recently returned to work part time but am seriously considering a fourth baby as don't feel "done" yet. If we do go for another I plan to start trying January next year as don't want large gaps and I'm not getting any younger.

My concern is my employer and colleagues and the amount of maternity leave I've taken. If I am able to have another baby it would mean my fourth mat leave in six years.

I work for a large multi national so financially for them it's inconsequential also I am replaced during my time off so no impact to colleagues.

However, I feel embarassed at the thought of announcing another pregnancy and I know I'd be gossiped about. Also my boss has been flexible with my working hours and I don't want to let anyone down.

I know a job shouldn't affect my family planning but do worry I'd be talked about etc.

Has anybody else taken a lot of time off for maternity leave and how was fourth plus pregnancy received?

To put into context I've taken a year off with each baby and have worked for the company for ten years.

Thanks!

Lilmisskittykat Wed 10-Aug-16 16:38:03

If you want a forth child I wouldn't worry about what colleagues think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now