Whilst on maternity leave, do I discuss a restructure?

(4 Posts)
jla0915 Sun 24-Apr-16 21:48:20

Hey

I'm on maternity leave, AML, and my manager has approached me to inform me my role is to change. This change is fundamental, different responsibilities, location and hours. Also likely pay, but unconfirmed.

My question is do I have to discuss this with them whilst on mat leave? We don't have a HR drpt so they don't intend to have anyone present.

I know they can't change my role and have to offer me something similar and not favourable upon my return, but should I refuse talking to them now?

Thanks!

jla0915 Sun 24-Apr-16 21:49:51

*less favourable

...or if I do talk to them, what should my position be?

GozerTheGozerian Sun 24-Apr-16 22:03:42

This happened to me. Twice. Once on each maternity leave. I wanted to know, tbh, so I could plan ahead for what was coming up. I also wanted to be actively considered in what was going on and I was worried that I'd feel left out of things if I refused to meet them. You could always see what they have to say but not make any decisions?

Alanna1 Sun 24-Apr-16 22:04:15

I have no idea but you could try contacting the woman who runs this outfit - she's a friend of a friend of a friend, but I don't know her personally - www.workingmumsadvisory.com

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now